Thursday, July 30, 2009

Johnny Depp --- Vampire, in Dark Shadows.





Tim Burton announced at Comic-Con in San Diego that his next project after the Alice in Wonderland remake, will be resurrecting a sixties cult soap opera series that ran from 1966-1971 "Dark Shadows" created by Dan Curtis. Johnny Depp will be starring as Barnabas Collins a 175 year old Vampire searching for his lost love.

Synopsis: Over 1,225 episodes, "Dark Shadows" was a highly atmospheric, spooky soap that featured Gothic horror staples like vampires, monsters, witches, werewolves, ghosts and zombies.

There has been a number of adaptation of the series but they were unsuccessful.

Depp has said in the past that he would sneak out from school early to get home in time to watch the show. He also said that "this is a lifelong dream for me. I was obsessed with Barnabas Collins. I have photographs of me holding Barnabas Collins posters when I was five or six." Burton says that he also had a strange fascination with the show. "It had the weirdest vibe to it. I'm sort of intrigued about that vibe."

(sources: FlicksDirect.com ,Bloody-Disgusting.com)

1 comments:

kate said...

Hi thanks for the post. I love johnny depp, I also read your post and saw the trailer on alice in wonderland can't wait for both movies!

Post a Comment